Monday, January 28, 2008

Case of the Mondays

This evening has definitely been rough. Mondays aren't all bad. But none of my entertainment or infotainment seemed able to help. ( I knew I was in trouble when PBS's Jane Austen movie was crap.)
The Webb Alert was great. Of course, that also reminded me of how pitiful the ratings-obsessed, drawn-out network "news" usually is. When was the last time you wanted to compliment them on their tech coverage? Plus, Morgan mentioned Forbes and WSJ. I had to let Forbes go when the editorials seemed to veer towards a denial of global warming. And WSJ was awful long before Murdoch came on the scene.--Besides, my true love is FT.
Before I started missing Business 2.0, I decided to distract myself with East Meets West. But Roger and Tom were in a serious mood. Roger started talking about the kingmakers in the media. Then he quoted the line "You bring me the photographs and I'll provide the war." Of course that led to the most gruesome-and justified- villain murder in 007 history. Which reminded me of the fact that I don't get to see Pierce Brosnan as James Bond anymore.
Thank God for Geek Entertainment TV! I'm watching old episodes and saw the John C. Dvorak interview. He was cranky-I was cranky. He talked about journalism with optimism. He was standing in front of Yoda. He talked about the economy with pessimism...but, still.
I feel a lot better. Now I can watch the Stargate Atlantis episode that I missed over the weekend....hey, maybe it wasn't the Mondays after all! It was scifi withdrawal....That's another blog.

No comments: